iStandard Success Stories
- - Producers that have been in the iStandard Producer Showcase and/or submitted through iStandardProducers.com have had placements or been given the opportunity to work on such projects as Kanye West, Rihanna, 50 Cent, Rick Ross, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Britney Spears, Yelawolf, Diddy, Sean Kingston, Iyaz, Snoop Dogg, Clipse, Lloyd Banks, Joell Ortiz, Camp Lo, Cam’Ron, Method Man, Fabolous, Freeway, Talib Kweli, and many more to come.
- - 60+ Producers in the past 7+ years have been issued licensing deals through Viacom (MTV/VH-1/BET, etc.) to have their music placed on various shows on the networks
- - Chris Styles of Dangerous LLC signed 2 producers to his Platinum Production team after discovering them at our showcase – F.R.E.A.K. (who co-produced 50 Cent’s 2007 single “Amusement Park”) and The Ozone Productions
- - Apple Juice Kid, winner of the February 2006 iStandard Producer Showcase – NYC Edition, was featured in July/August issue 2006 of Scratch Magazine (R.I.P.)
- - From 2007-2009, iStandard was brought on to consult, cross promote, and execute our formatted iStandard Producer Showcase with Sha Money XL’s One Stop Shop Producer Conference. This event featured panelists, participants, & judges, such as DJ Premier, Hi Tek, Alchemist, Swizz Beatz, Lenny S., Riggs Morales, Lloyd Banks, RZA, Q-Tip, B.o.B, Pete Rock, and more! The winner of the 2009 edition Billboard ended up placing records with BRITNEY SPEARS – Video of this event HERE
- - In April 2012, iStandard was interviewed by XXL Magazine in the coveted “Freshmen Edition” , in which they told story to the world! Topics discussed were various placements, our year end “Beast of The Beats V” event (in which we flew the winners The Mekanics to Atlanta’s Patchwerk Studios to record with Shady recording artist, Yelawolf. (Article HERE)
- - The iStandard Producer Showcase is currently held in 30+ cities across the US including NYC, Philly, Arizona, Chicago, ATL, LA, San Francisco, Houston, Hartford, Boston, Minneapolis, Miami, Detroit, Portland, Seattle & more TBA in 2013…
Symbolyc One aka S1 - Winner of iStandard’s “Beats on the Beach” Showcase / Producer for Kanye West, Jay-Z, Beyonce, & MoreThe Mekanics- 2011 Beast of The Beats V winners from Miami- Placed records with Yelawolf, Rittz, Ace Hood & More Through iStandardMike Mac – Signed to Beluga Heights/ Rondo Music Group and placed records with Sean Kingston & Iyazafter showcasing with iStandard in LA. The Breaks: Won an iStandard Producer Showcase in NYC, submitted to Ca$hisPlacement opp on iStandardProducers.comm and recorded several records with the Shady Records Artist. Apple Juice Kid: Won our first ever Beast of The Beats which caught the attention of the now defunct SCRATCH Magazine, who did a “Hydrosonics”feature on him. AJK also went on to use his iStandard relationships to meet with several A&R’s. The Dead Beatz: Showcased at Atlanta and Miami iStandard Showcases; placed but never won. However, in Miami they met Slip-N-Slide Records A&R Otha “Vakseen” Davis III, who signed them to his management at Vakseen, LLC, and helped them get their first major label placement with Rick Ross & Duece Poppi called “Git Paid” Xplicit: This songwriter/ producer submitted a specific targeted song to a Placement Opp we had up for Diddy. Senator Skid, one of the A&R’s on the project reached out, did the deal and “Diddy Boppin” was released as a single before “Last Train To Paris” dropped. Xplicit has since worked with Trey Songz, Soulja Boy,and many more!
“Feels good to attend an event where hip-hop production is appreciated and acknowledged as an art form. You get a clear idea of how far the hip-hop producer has come and will be going in the future” – Riggs Morales – Senior Vice President of A&R, Shady Records“I have been attending the iStandard Producer Showcases since 2005, and have heard a dozens of new producers all over the country with heat for days. It’s good to be aligned with a company like iStandard. They seek out talented producers whom, although are new or unknown, sound seasoned and have top quality tracks. They are a production one-stop. Whether it be at their live showcases or via iStandardProducers.com, I can always count on Don D. & J Hatch to deliver a high caliber of clientele. They make my job a hell of a lot easier!” – Lenny Santiago – VP of A&R, Def Jam Records“The iStandard Producer Showcase is the only place that you can hear quality untouched hip-hop production for this generation. There are a lot of people doing showcases, but when iStardard does one you know that they take the time filter through the talent. I’m reminded of the showcases of the 90′s… Classic material!!!” – Sean C.- Multi-Platinum Producer for Jay-Z, Big Pun, Dead Prez, &and more“iStandard sets the standard for Producer Showcases, Promotional and Special Events. Going beyond the call of duty, they are experienced and knowledgeable with presenting the right up and coming producers to Industry Tastemakers, Artists, and Label A&R’s. iStandard’s events are efficiently organized, well attended and highly respected within the Music Industry.” – Dru Ha- CEO/Co-Founder of Duck Down Records“iStandard fuels this industry with hot @#%. There’s so much talent out there, but only a few credible sources that you know will consistently deliver realness, over and over again. I arrange my schedule around iStandard’s” - Dre McKenzie – Director of A&R G-Unit Records“I feel that the iStandard Producer Showcase has become the most relevant showcase event for not only up & coming producers but for established producers as well to be able to network and showcase their talents to the music industry. Thanks to J Hatch & Don Di Napoli, producers have an outlet to “Show ‘em What They Got,” like Flav & Jay said! As a working producer for over 10 years, I felt obliged to be able to offer my insight & experience in this business at these showcases & have judged many of their events in the New york Area & came across some great talent that I keep in touch with to this day. iStandard has now expanded to find & network talents in other states, so I commend them on all their success & thank them for acknowledging me & asking for my support which they will continue to have!!!” – Baby Paul aka BpZy- Legendary Original Member of Da BeatMinerz, Producers for Nas, AZ, Fat Joe, etc“My first experience with the iStandard family was as a judge at a New York City Producer Showcase. I was immediately impressed with how well the event had been organized, the high talent level of the producers competing, and the all-star judging panel. This is truly an event that could launch careers. I have since come to realize that everything Don Di Napoli and J Hatch do maintains that high level of professionalism, but much more importantly, they continuously provide real opportunities that can help take emerging talent to the top levels of the music industry. The istandardproducers.com website is simply another great offering from two highly driven guys. Don and J create their own opportunities, and it’s this type of visionary people I am proud to associate myself with.” – Ken Lewis – Platinum Producer / Mixer / Musician for Usher, Kanye West, John Legend, & more“iStandard Producers has raised the bar on the level of competition by creating an open forum where unknown producers can showcase their talents and be heard by some of the today’s top producers, A&R’s, and Managers. I commend J & Don for their hard work and commitment in giving a voice to the producers that might not have the option or relationship to get in the door iStandard has brought the door to you! For me as manager, iStandard Producers has become a staple on hearing and finding some of the today’s new untapped producers in the game. Thanks for your commitment. You will always have my support.” – Tony “The Negotiator” Perez- CEO of Relentless Management“First and foremost iStandard is the first stop for any Artist and/or Producer (any style) trying to be heard on the largest scale in the Music Industry! J Hatch and Don DiNapoi have earned thier stripes in the streets and offices of every respected Major Label Executive and Artist making an Impact on Music as we know it today. With Razor Sharp Ears and all the “Right” Relationships You Can Not Go Wrong! iStandard is partially responsible for me Co-Producing 50 Cent’s single “Amusement Park” with Dangerous LLC. Had I not been competing in one of the showcases, I would have never caught the attention of Multi-Platinum/Grammy Nominated Producer,Chris Styles/C.E.O of Dangerous LLC. Being exposed in the showcase landed me a Staff Production Deal with Dangerous LLC and a Placement with the Hottest Rap Artist to date, 50 Cent!!! I recommend all upcoming talent to get involved with iStandard. I did, and I’m headed “Straight To The Bank!!!”- F.R.E.A.K. – Producer for 50 Cent, LL Cool J, Ne-Yo, and more“The iStandard Producer Showcase is a great spot for up-and-coming producers and artists to come network, get exposure and hear the newest shit. I was definitely inspired!” – Devo Springsteen – Platinum Producer for John Legend, Kanye West, and Aretha Franklin